lauantai 19. marraskuuta 2011

From Gallup to Yellowstone


3.30PM Departure from ABQ. I was staying with Clara, Anni, Anniken, Christian, Eivy and Linn in Mufasa’s van.

6PM A quick stop at a gas station in Bloomsfield. We took a subway-like sandwiches. The lady who was  making the sandwiches was like from a slow motion movie. How can it take that long to make a sandwich, really? Haha! Fredrik had forgotten the keys in the van and all the doors were locked. Oh my :D So he had to call a locksmith to get the doors open. It sure wasn’t Frediks’s day :D We left earlier cause the locksmith promised to be there in an hour, so there was no sense just to stay there and wait.
Mufasa’s van 1 – Fredrik’s van 0

7.30PM We stopped again at a gas station. When we got back to the van, Mufasa said that he has both good and bad news. The bad news was that we had driven 1,5h to a wrong direction. We first thought it was a joke but it sure wasn’t, haha! Maybe we were tired, but we started laughing so freaking hard. We were in Gallup, only about 100miles from ABQ and we had driven already for 4h,hahahaha! When I managed to control laughing a little bit, I asked what was the good news by the way. “Well we’re all okay and alive..” and we bursted out laughting again,haha! After that we asked in every intersection: “Fas, are you sure about this, don’t just follow your instincts cause it doesn’t seem to work?” At least we had a great time and we saw the awesome gas station in Gallop, thanks Fas! Well life is all about making good memories,right?
Mufasa’s van 1 - Fredrik’s van 1

2AM Oh man it was a long drive. I had a hard time sleeping in the van, cause it’s so hard to find a comfortable position. We stayed the night in Moab at a hotel. Fredrik was still awake and gave us the keys. I shared the room with Anniken and Ingrid. Even though I was tired, I don’t think I fell asleep before 3AM.

6.40AM The alarm woke us up before 7. And back to the van…

9AM We stopped to get some breakfast about 50miles from Salt Lake City. The weather was getting colder, but no snow yet, only on the top of some mountains. Fas was pretty tired so Christian was now the driver. There was a road work just after the store from where we picked the breakfast and surprise, surprise, we took the wrong way, haha! Well, it took only 10 extra minutes, we have done worse ;)
Fredrik’s van 2 – Mufasa’s van 1

12PM A gas stop in the middle of nowhere. It was so windy and cold, I was able to smell the winter already…and it started to snow just after the stop…

2PM A lunch break in Idaho Falls. Almost there, almost there!

5PM Finally in West Yellowstone!! YEHAAA! It was freeeeeeezing though, I think almost -20 degrees!

6PM An easy run with  girls, just around the town. Felt like we were almost the only ones here.
 
7.30PM A team meeting at our house and then we had a team dinner in a pizza place nearby. It was sweet and the pizzas were very good, even though I wasn’t that hungry.

We watched The Bad Teacher before going to bed. Anniken already fell asleep during the movie and I was struggling as well to stay awake. A loooong trip behind, but I’m absolutely sure it was worth it :) 

Find Gallup, haha!

Lobos on the road

The Americans just don't know how to drive...

We're here!

After the first training on Saturday, love the winter!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti